Compliance and Security - NetApp
Data Management Technology – NetApp Products and Solution
Compliance and Security
Compliance and Security : SnapLock®
Compliance & Security
NetApp® SnapLock® volumes
(disk level protection)
(file level protection)
Supported administration models
Certified data compliance
NetApp SnapLock is certified to meet stringent industry requirements, such as the SEC 17a-4(f) rule, FINRA, and CFTC.
Compliance & Security -
NetApp® SnapLock® Compliance
NetApp All Flash FAS, FAS
- Deployed for strict regulatory requirements such as SEC17a-4 and CFTC rule 1.31(b)
- Administrator is not trusted to perform delete operations
- All user and administrative operations are protected
- Aggregate rename now allowed (ONTAP 9.8 and later)
- Volume and aggregate deletion not allowed before expiration
- Zeroing disks and sanitizing not allowed
Compliance & Security – NetApp® SnapLock® Enterprise
Enterprise All Flash FAS, FAS, NetApp ONTAP Select
- Deployed for flexible regulatory requirements and organization-defined policies
- Administrator is trusted to perform delete operations (privileged delete)
- Administrative operations are
allowed (but securely recorded)
- Volume and aggregate rename allowed
- Volume and aggregate deletion allowed before expiration
- Zeroing disks and sanitizing allowed
Compliance & Security : Cloud Secure
Cloud Secure Why Cloud Secure?
- Detect ransomware attacks before it’s too late
- Minimize the impact of an attack with automatic data backup
- Gain visibility into malicious user activity and identify potential policy risks
- Easily satisfy audit reporting requirements saving time & money
- Simple SaaS solution, quick time to value, no upgrades, scalable from single departments to global enterprises
How Cloud Secure Works?
Cloud Secure does not assume a trusted internal network, it takes a trust no one approach. It inspects and analyzes all data access activity in real-time to detect malicious behaviors.
Monitor User Activity
To accurately identify breaches, every user activity across on-premises and hybrid cloud environments, is captured and analyzed.
Detect Anomalies & Identify Potential Attacks
Cloud Secure uses advanced machine learning algorithms to uncover unusual data activity and detect a potential attack.
Automated Response Policies
Cloud Secure alerts you and automatically takes a data snapshot when detecting a risky behavior, making sure your data is backed-up and you can recover quickly.
Forensics and User Audit Reporting
Provides a graphical interface to cut and slice activity data to perform data breach investigations and generate User Data Access Audit reporting.
Compliance & Security : Cloud Data Sense
- View insights on redundant and stale data to optimize storage costs
- Understand what sensitive data is not secured
- Receive alerts if sensitive data needs attention
- Empowers enterprise storage and IT management teams to take control of data and deliver direct value in supporting data Compliance and Governance efforts in real-time and with no extra effort.
- Run compliance reports instantly
- Share insights and information seamlessly.
- View up to date information on your storage footprint and what needs attention
- Turnaround ad-hoc requests for information in minutes not weeks
Cloud Data Sense - Benefits:
- Eliminates manual and repetitive governance and compliance tasks
- Generate compliance reports in minutes not weeks
- Immediately identifies security risks and alerts you when potential risks need attention
- Locates all data on a certain subject with a click of a button
- Maps all data
- See stats on sensitive and non-sensitive data
- Highlights redundancies for optimization opportunities
- Drilldowns for detailed insights
- See what sensitive data is not secured correctly for risk prevention
- Data is automatically classified and categorized based on its contents to easily identify what makes up the storage footprint
- Simply turn it on to get started and view dashboards instantly
Compliance & Security - ONTAP Ransomware detection
Compliance & Security
Ransomware 2022 – Data protection is part of Ransomware Protection! Ransomware attacks are part of the reality on the internet that you don’t have to …
Get Rid Of Ransomware: The NetApp holistic approach to ransomware recovery There are three stages in any ransomware attacks – before, during, and after. In …
Ransomware Protection: How would NetApp provide protection after ransomware being detected Ransomware is certainly not something new to you and your organization. You must have …